Jun 25, 2021
In today’s episode of “The Confident Advisor Practice
Podcast” hosts Bill Bush and Chad Soileau talk about growth,
particularly through client acquisition, and shares some great tips
to grow the business through Networking, Marketing, Prospecting and
- 02.03 - Chad Soileau says that we all have to remember that
this is a game and it is only won in the field.
- 03.55 – As per Chad Soileau, if we really want to go forward
and want to reinvent ourselves, we need to ask what we would like
our business to be.
- 05.21 – According to him, we need a presentation process and we
have to be consistent with it and that is going to clearly outline
to whoever it is that we're speaking; whether it's a client,
referral sources COI or whatever.
- 06.25 – Chad Soileau highlights that our content wealth
experience is kind of pitch book that we put in front of a client
to show them our process, and the value that we bring.
- 08.02 – He discusses that just like client’s plan, we have to
look back and see what was and then what do we want this thing to
- 10.26 – As per him, there should be a plan for, Marketing (what
is going to be our outreach & who we are going to contact)
&, Prospecting (communicate to our existing clients or
affiliates within the network but also to kind of communicate to
people who are outside).
- 12.32 – He points out that we always have to think, where we
want to be in next 6 months.
- 13.58 - In his opinion you have to show gratitude. It’s a
differentiator and says a lot about who you are as a person and who
your firm is.
- 15.57- He uses LinkedIn to grow network and to communicate, to
know what he has been going on and what should he do as an
- 18.00 – Chand Soileau states that we should keep track of who
we are talking to, when was the last time we talked to them, when
did we give them a referral, did they send us a referral, all these
things help you to stay on track with your
- 19.17 –Chand expresses that you can help people in
accomplishing their goals and that’s what it is about.
Three Key Points
- Messaging becomes really important especially if we're speaking
with referral sources.
- Stories plays a big role. It keeps the client at the center of
attention inside of this and it ultimately put the client at ease,
give them clarity and make them confident.
- We have to take as many different mediums as we can, to speak
and really communicate as much as possible.
- ” You know, it's, as our CEO Peter says, you know, He always
says, if it is to be it's up to me yeah correctly now in his case
that's self-responsibility.” - Chad Soileau
- “I think the big thing is identifying who you're going to see,
obviously we've talked about this several times before but it is,
it's not just a scattershot thing to identify with specifics of who
you're targeting.” – Bill Bush
- “Not all roads are straight, but it's a little bit straighter,
so to speak.” - Chad Soileau
- “I've talked a lot about this about making the client the hero
of the story.” – Bill Bush
- “I have to make sure that not only am I servicing my clients,
and doing presentations for existing clients, things along those
lines. But again, I have to have time allocated towards finding the
next client.” - Chad Soileau
- “I've always said is just once you try to once, it means you've
tried to watch, don't expect immediate results that it does take
going back to the drawing board several times, especially if you've
tried something new you know it might take some tweaking along the
way.” – Bill Bush
Call the Horizon Financial Group: (225) 612-3820