Sep 26, 2019
This episode of The Confident Advisor Practice Podcast
with Bill Bush and Chad Soileau of the Horizon Financial Group talk
about succession planning, the benefits that advisors need to be
aware of, and the resources that Horizon Financial Group can
- 01:09 – Chad Soileau introduces himself and how he got involved
- 02:09 – What does Chad’s job at Horizon Financial Group?
- 03:27 – Chad discusses a blog post he wrote about succession
planning and the
importance of it.
- 08:17 – What steps should someone take in their 40s if they
don’t have a
- succession plan in place?
- 10:07 – How did things work out with the advisor that Chad was
sharing a story
- 1136:04 – 15%-20% of the advisors that Chad Soileau talks to
- succession plans in place.
- 12:57 – What kind of attitude does Chad see among advisors in
- 13:55 – Advisors should think about the optics of having a
succession plan in place
- that they can talk about with their clients to lead by
- 15:00 – What resources does the Horizon Financial Group have
3 Key Points:
- Chad Soileu’s role at Horizon Financial Group includes: helping
other advisors build their practice, protecting that practice, and
finding ways for them to leave that practice.
- Without succession plans in place, any buying advisor is going
to try to get the best value for their purchase as possible.
- What is the value of your book of business to know what you are
dealing with and consult with someone that has experience.
- (Succession planning) “Advisors really work with clients for
planning purposes in a lot of ways. But often times they don’t
think about it in their own roles.” – Bill Bush.
- “People have two things that they care about, most...their
money and their family. And it is not necessarily in that order
sometimes.” – Chad Soileau.
- “Maybe the first part is, getting a sample copy of what a
continuity plan or succession plan looks like.” – Chad Soileau