Feb 12, 2019
This episode captures Pete Bush’s recent quarterly coaching call
for Horizon Network, and he talks about buying and selling
practices and what you can do to position yourself well.
- 1:00 - How to make your practice the most attractive buyer or
seller in the market
- 4:00 - A buyer preparation service can make you the ideal
- 5:00 - Why do we want to be an attractive buyer or seller?
- We want to have the best fit for our clients
- 6:53 - Succession is a long thought out process to plan
- 7:20 - You want to choose a successor that you can work closely
- 8:00 - How to successfully execute continuity
- 9:31 - As a buyer, having everything put together makes you a
company of confidence for a selling company to turnover their
- 11:14 - Know your numbers cold - Revenue, Expenses, and other
- 13:00 - Always be prepared and know what the process is
- 14:15 - Take a different approach to marketing your practice
than you do to marketing to clients
- 15:20 - Know your documents and paperwork
- 19:47 - You save thousands of dollars by working with Horizon
3 Key Points:
- We want to be an attractive buyer or seller because we want to
attract our ideal clients.
- Selling is relatively immediate whereas succession planning
takes time and compatibility.
- Know your numbers and documents. If you know your revenue and
key KPIs, you know your ideal client, buyer, or seller.
- “Take a different approach
to marketing your practice than you do to marketing to
- “If you put off retirement
planning one day, no harm, no foul, but there becomes a moment when
it is too late.” – Pete.
- “It doesn’t matter what
the solution is it just matters that we all have one.” –Pete.
Discover more about the Podcast at
The Confident Advisor Practice