Apr 23, 2020
This episode of The Confident Advisor Practice Podcast
with Bill Bush and Chad Soileau talk about the importance of your
clients trusting you, and ways to maintain that during times of
uncertainty like COVID-19.
- 01:41 – Bill Bush and Chad Soileau discuss changes in
communication due to
- 02:26 – Chad expresses the importance of a client’s trust.
- 03:00 – Times of uncertainty push people to find answers from
those they trust.
- 03:46 – What happens if there is a breakdown in a client
getting in touch with you?
- 05:39 – Is your voicemail operating correctly?
- 06:23 – Are contact numbers and email addresses
- 08:57 – Do you have trade instructions and the proper
disclosures on your
- 11:35 – Are you prepared with a plan B when you sit down with a
- 12:47 – Proactive communication on a frequent level with
clients is key.
- 14:44 – Keep bringing value to clients.
- 15:03 – Chad talks about a blog post he recent posted about
3 Key Points:
- Make sure your voicemail is operating correctly and check that
it isn’t full.
- Be sure that you don’t have old contact numbers, email
addresses, and website information in your system.
- Have more than one plan prepared for your clients to keep their
confidence in you strong.
- “A client’s trust is very hard to come by, and it is very hard
to earn. But the opposite side of that is it is really easy to lose
at the same time.” – Chad Soileau.
- “It’s those small things, it's those bricks that you build up
that wall of trust with a client that can easily get chipped away.”
– Chad Soileau.
- “There is no amount of talking or reasoning you can do with a
client that is going to change their mind. So, do you have some
alternatives that are there, maybe plan B, maybe plan C?” – Chad