Oct 3, 2018
During this installment of The Confident Advisor Practice from
the Horizon Advisor Network, host Pete Bush, CEO of the Horizon
Financial Group, discusses the importance of having a Pipeline
Management System. Pete leaves us with the necessary tips and
tricks to develop a client acquisition process that works for our
own businesses. He imparts the information in an easily digestible
bite that allows us to walk away with in-depth knowledge about
pipelines, client acquisition, and segmenting.
- 1:00---Introduction of today´s topic--Pipeline Management
- 3:40--- Companies with Pipeline Management are able to shorten
the process from finding an opportunity to generating revenue.
- 5:35---The first step to having a pipeline management system is
having a defined acquisition process.
- 5:53---A defined acquisition process is having a defined way
that clients will get into the pipeline--Acquisition can include
going to certain events and sharing what you do. This is the step
where you generate contact information.
- 6:15---A defined acquisition process is casting a net to gather
people and prospecting is turning those people into actionable
meetings where you can share your story.
- 7:54---People can be classified as a prospect once you can
classify them as someone who could be interested in your
- 8:36---Find a way to keep prospective clients organized after
- 12:53---Having a lot of names in a database without classifying
them isn't an efficient way to segment your prospective clients.
Segment your prospects when you meet them. This segmenting will
allow for meaningful follow-up communication.
- 14:20---Pipeline management is moving people through this
process-- acquiring (generating leads), prospecting, proposing,
actuating (in-process), and finally, becoming a client.
- 15:30---Make sure to follow-up with your prospective clients to
keep them moving forward through the pipeline process. Segmenting
makes this easier.
- 16:20---Disqualify and eliminate clients who should no longer
be in your prospecting database.
- 17:30---Throughout the pipeline process, simplify your efforts
to multiply your results.
- 18:16---To have a pipeline management process you need to have
the following: A process, segments of the process (assigning
different client stages to the pipeline), an accountability partner
(to contribute and keep the process moving), and action (moving
your client through the different pipeline stages).
- 19:50--- A powerful way to turn leads into clients.
- 20:45--- Following-up with prospects is an important step.
- 24:50---A 90-day rule helps keep us on schedule and take action
on steps that are important now.
3 Key Points:
- Having a Pipeline Management system is important in developing
a clientele base.
- The first step to developing a pipeline is to understand where,
how, and what you are doing to acquire new clients. This
information lays the foundation for your pipeline.
- Continuous segmenting is important to be able to follow-up with
specific prospective clients in an appropriate manner. Segmenting
is key to chasing leads and adding value for clients.
- “Don´t think ¨how do I do
this?¨ Think who.” – Pete.
- “Simplify efforts to
multiply results.” – Pete.
- “Companies with Pipeline
Management shorten the lifetime of going from opportunity to
revenue .” – Pete.